Toss your favorite pasta with spinach and creamy cashew vegan beet pasta sauce that gets its unique pink color from roasted beets. Topped with dollops of sun-dried tomato cashew cheese and green onions. This quick and colorful dinner is perfect for Valentine’s Day, spring or summer! Dairy-free, vegan…
- 1 large red beet, roasted and peeled
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup vegetable broth (Add more if you prefer the sauce to be thinner)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 8 oz bag of frozen spinach
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Sun-dried tomato cashew cheese
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- 1 box of your favorite pasta
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. (This recipe only calls for one cooked beet but I usually roast a few at a time. You can freeze the extra beets for the future!)
- Drizzle olive oil over and salt on each beet. Cover with parchment or foil and roast for one hour.
- Remove the beets from the oven and let cool until you can handle them without burning yourself. Use a paper towel to carefully peel off the skin.
- Add the cooled roasted beet, cashews, lemon juice, garlic powder, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper to a high powered blender.
- Blend on high until the sauce is smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- In a large saute pan, saute the onion in olive oil for 5-8 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the frozen spinach and cook until fully defrosted. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pot, boil salted water and cook your noodles of choice.
- Once the noodles are cooked, drain the water (reserve 1/2 a cup in case you want to thin the sauce) and pour the noodles into the pan with the spinach and onions.
- Pour the beet sauce over the noodles and stir to coat everything evenly.
- Top the pasta with dollops of cashew cheese and sliced green onions.