The trick to make the yellow and white layers, separated by a cocoa swirl it to separate egg whites and egg yolks. Then you beat egg yolks with half of the sugar and ehh whites with the remaining sugar.
You add flour + baking powder to both mixtures. Start filling the bundt pan with half of the yellow mixture, then dust with cocoa powder on top, add the white mixture, dust with cocoa powder and top with the rest of the yellow cake.
Bake, cool and dust with powdered sugar. Very simple, yet impressive!
TRICOLOR MARBLE CAKE RECIPE
Yield : 10-12 servings
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 200 g butter softened
- 170 g caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Green food coloring
- Red food coloring
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a mixing bowl.
- Preheat panggangan @ 180 C and grease 8 in cake pan.
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in eggs one by one together with vanilla essence.
- Mix in milk. Beat again.
- Add in flour in batches, stir well after each addition. Divide batter into 3 portion. Add 2 different coloring to 2 portion, the rest leave it plain.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan by layering 1/4 cup of each color until all batter have been used up. Swirl 3-4 times with a skewer. .
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES HERE >>
PIN THESE RECIPES N PINTEREST !