- 1 egg
- 1 stick butter (1/2 cup) melted
- 1 package spice cake mix, 15.25 oz
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- sugar (for rolling cookies in)
- Pumpkin Spice Hershey’s Kisses
- Broken pretzels
- Green Buttercream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- kelly green food coloring
Instructions How to Make It:
- Unwrap the pumpkin spice hershey’s kisses. Cut the pointy
tops of the kisses. Place the kisses in the freezer. This helps them
maintain their shape once added to the hot cookies.
- Prepare the cookie dough. In a mixing bowl combine the egg,
butter, and spice cake mix, beat with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in
the cream cheese. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the buttercream. In a small mixing bowl, beat
the butter until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and kelly green food
coloring, beat until combined. Transfer the buttercream to a piping bag fit
with a small round piping tip.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Form the dough into balls, using
a cookie scoop or similar. Roll the dough balls into a bowl of sugar, place on
a silicone lined baking sheet, slightly flatten the tops of the balls and bake
for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cookies to cool
for 2 minutes, then put the frozen kisses on the cookies, pressing them in
slightly. Pipe on the green buttercream leaves/vines and a broken pretzel for
the stem. DO NOT MOVE THE COOKIES until the kisses are completely