Funnel Cake Batter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
Frying and Serving
- 3 cups vegetable oil, or canola oil
- powdered sugar, optional
Instructions Ho to Make It :
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla
together until frothy.
- Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and blend until
smooth, ensuring no lumps.
- Add oil to a medium saucepan or deep fryer and heat to 350°F
(177°C). Set aside a wire rack or a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add batter to squeeze bottle or medium funnel.
- Pipe the batter into hot oil 5-7 straight lines at a time.
Fry 30-60 seconds or until golden brown.
- Using a mesh strainer or slotted spoon, carefully remove
fries to the prepared rack or plate.
- Dust with optional powdered sugar and serve with optional
Funnel cake fries are best served fresh. However, you can
make them several hours ahead of time and reheat in the oven at 350°F (177°C)
for about 5 minutes.
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES >>
Source : Recipes