For the crust
- 20 Oreo (230 grams) cookies (regular-stuffed, keep
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the filling
- 1 1/3 cups (266 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces (227 grams) bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 tablespoons (142 grams) unsalted butter, at
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar
For the topping
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chocolate shavings or cocoa powder, for garnish if
Make the crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish with
- Place the Oreo cookies in the bowl of a food processor and
pulse until finely ground. Add in the melted butter and pulse until moistened.
Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pie dish.
Bake for 10 minutes, or until fragrant and set. Let cool completely on a wire
Make the filling:
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the sugar and eggs. Set
over medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture reaches
160°F and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat and stir in the
melted chocolate and vanilla until smooth. Cool to just warm, stirring
- Use an electric mixer, beat the butter until light and
fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually add in the cooled chocolate mixture
then beat on high speed for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- In a clean bowl use an electric mixer to beat the cream
until it begins to thicken. Add the sugar and beat until stiff peaks form. Fold
into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the pan, smoothing evenly. Chill for 6
hours. At this point the pie can be stored for up to 2 days ahead of time.
Make the topping:
- Use an electric mixer to beat the cream, sugar, and vanilla
on high speed until stiff peaks form. Top pie with whipped cream and garnish
with chocolate shavings or dust with cocoa powder.
TRY THESE OTHER PIE RECIPES >>
Source : Recipes