I chopped up chicken thighs and sauté everything because I forgot to put it in the crockpot. My family LOVED this. Super easy. 11 out of 10.!
The flavor was amazing but I think I added a little too much water and it was really juicy at the end. Made it hard to eat in the lettuce cups. I think I’ll stick to ordering these as a treat when I eat out.
It was good sweeter than I thought though and my water chestnuts even though sliced were big I would slice them smaller!This recipes was okay. If I ever made it again, I would decrease the sweet Hoison sauce, and increase the spices.
- 2 lbs ground chicken (not ground chicken breast)
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 red bell pepper , cored and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8 oz) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 3 green onions , sliced
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar and 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce