The banana cake was dense, but not heavy. If that makes any sense? (Coming from the lady who talks about rotting bananas at social gatherings, but stick with me here.) The crumb was very soft, but they were tight crumbs. The cake didn’t fall apart when you took a forkful.
Lori told me this cake comes out perfect every time she makes it. And such perfection is reinforced, she told me, when absolutely everyone who has a slice begs her for the recipe. It is, hands down, the best banana cake I’ve ever had.
PERFECT BANANA CAKE RECIPE
Servings : 15
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oil or butter
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup = 250 ml (for liquid) or 125 g (flour)
- Preheat oven @ 180 C and grease 8 in cake pan. .
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. mix in, oil banana and vanilla essence. Beat until well blended.
- Add in flour in batches, gently stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Tap few times on a kitchen counter. Bake for 15 minutes at 180 C on the lowest rack. Reduce panggangan temperature to 170 C, place the pan on the middle rack and continue baking for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes, invert onto rack to cool.