Delicious and healthy homemade chicken apple sausage is super easy, quick, and great for any meal! You can use ground chicken or turkey for this Paleo and Whole30 friendly staple…
OTHER RECIPE SEE HERE >>
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey, not too lean (I used ground chicken thighs)
- 2/3 cup peeled and finely chopped apple
- 2 tbsp ghee coconut oil, or preferred cooking fat
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning thyme, sage, marjoram, rosemary, nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp onion powder or 1 tbsp fresh minced onion
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken or turkey with the apples, spices, and salt & pepper and mix well with your hands to fully combine.
for the stovetop
- Heat a large skillet over med heat and add the ghee to melt. Form mixture into 8 small patties and place in pan.
- Adjust the heat (lower might be better to avoid burning) to evenly brown on each side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove from pan and either serve right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer for later use.
for the oven
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Add the ghee to the mixture and combine well.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and form the mixture into 8 small patties.
- Place on the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes (until juices are clear), flipping once halfway through.
- You can store tightly wrapped for later use and brown on the stove to heat before serving. Works well with any meal.