Irresistibly soft and fluffy mini crustless quiche made with Alove aloe vera yogurt.
How can you say no to something that looks this good?!?
As summer parties and picnic lunches are right around the corner, having some fun ideas for scrumptious but easy-to-make finger-food to add to the usual spread is simply essential.
So how about one of these pillow-y soft and fluffy two-bites crustless quiches filled with colorful and sweet peppers?!? These egg creations are not your typical baked frittata. Oh no! For this recipe I’m stepping away from the usual and diving head first into something fun.
Cooking and baking after all is about experimenting, right?! Experimenting to find new and delicious combinations of texture and flavor.
For this recipe I’ve used a mix of eggs, cheese, veggies and ALOE VERA yogurt by Alove
Alove is the first spoonable Japanese-style yogurt in the US made with smooth and creamy yogurt and cubes of the succulent inner part of the aloe vera leaf.
The options are limitless. I topped mine with sweet mini peppers (red, orange and yellow) cut in small cubes, some optional-but-highly-recommended grated Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh chopped parsley to bring all the flavors together.
Ready to try this recipe too?!? Here is the recipe.
YIELD: 6 mini quiches
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (6 oz, 170 gr) Alove aloe vera yogurt original
- 1/2 cup sweet mini peppers red and orange, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (plus more to sprinkle on top, optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT:
TIME: 10 minutes to prepare plus 25 minutes to bake
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray or grease 6 muffin tins.
- Cut the peppers in small cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the yogurt, and salt (about 1 teaspoon). Mix until smooth.
- Add the chopped parsley and parmesan cheese. And mix to combine.
- Divide the egg mixture into the six muffin cups.
- Add some cubed peppers into each. If you’d like sprinkle some extra parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake at 375°F for about 25 minutes, or until golden on top and cooked through.
- Let cool in the oven (turned off and slightly opened) for five to ten minutes to prevent the top from sinking in.
- Serve hot or warm.