The episode talks about gluten and all the misconceptions associated with the word. They discuss the history of bread production as well bread’s cultural significances.
Did you know cutting bread with a knife is illegal in Morocco? Bread is sacred and the use of a knife is considered too violent. That’s why their breads are meant to be torn by hand. Crazy, right?!
MILK BREAD ROLLS RECIPE
Yield : 9 rolls
- 250 g bread flour
- 40 g butter
- 1 tsp instant yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon milk powder
- 1 large egg (reserve 1 tablespoon for topping)
- extra butter for topping
- 1 tablespoon egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT :
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, instant yeast and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes. .
- Add in an egg. stir well.
- Pour yeast mixture onto flour, salt and milk powder, stir with wooden spoon. Remove dough from the bowl, mix in butter, knead until smooth for 10 minutes.
- Cover and let it rise in a greased bowl for 1=1.5 hours or until double in size.
- Punch the dough down, divide into 9 equal portions, shape as desired.
- Place dough onto baking pan, let it rest for 1 hour.
- Brush with glaze, bake for 20 minutes @ 190 C until golden. Immediately brush rolls with melted butter.