This is a really easy, good reccipe. Took it into work and it was well received. I think next time I will try something different than dates – it’s just a personal preferrence; I’m not much for dates. Will definitely make again.
These are so good and you can add any dried fruit to it to make it yours. I think you need to push down on the cereal when putting it in the 9×13 pan to have it stick together better, makes it easier to eat in a bar shape.
These are amazing! I’ve made them so many times, sometimes I mix it up and use sunflower kernels instead of peanuts, and add dried cranberries, dried pineapple, or dried berries!
FRUIT CORNFLAKES BARS
Makes 12-16 slices depending on size
- 1//4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 cups cornflakes roughly blended
- 1 cup dried grapes/dried fruit
- 1/4 cup blueberries
INSTRUCTIONS HO TO MAKE IT :
- Preheat panggangan @ 180 C and lightly grease 8 in cake pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar until butter is melted. Pour mixture over cornflakes, stir to combine.
- Whisk together egg, yogurt and vanilla essence until well combined.
- Add egg mixture over cornflakes. Fold in dried grapes and lueberries Stir well.
- Scoop the mixture into prepared pan, spread evenly. lightly press them with your finger.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes before slicing.