This is the easiest and probably my favorite frosting for this chocolate cake. You only need 2 ingredients to make this ganache – chocolate and cream. And a little butter if you want the ganache to look shiny, but it’s totally optional.
Even though ganache is easy, yet for it to taste amazing you need to use a good quality chocolate. I myself have used chocolate chips for ganache many times but trust me, a good chocolate makes all the difference.
When I baked this cake for our anniversary, I used dark chocolate that I got from Switzerland and the ganache turned out amazing. I literally wanted to drink it, haha.
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE 2 RECIPE
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1.5 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp salt
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Grease 8 in round cake pan and preheat panggangan @ 175 C.
- Sift together flour, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. add in salt.
- Place item 1 to 4 in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Add in flour little by little and vanilla essence, Beat until well incorporated using a whisk or mixer.
- Pour mixture onto prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave in pan 10 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool. Apply frosting if needed.