Edible chocolate chip cookie dough is such an awesome recipe because who doesn’t like sneaking cookie dough! The problem is there has been a lot of talk about eating raw flour-yet alone raw eggs. This recipe from Cookies and Cups takes away all of these issues. In this recipe, the butter is actually browned first. If you have never tried browning your butter, you have to! It adds such a nutty, delicious flavor that is well worth the extra step! You can serve this recipe as is or turn them into truffles and dip them into chocolate. My kids loved eating this straight up, as is. Truth be told, so did the adults!
Cookies and Cups is one of my favorite blogs and you can even buy Shelly’s cookbook on Amazon! I adore it!
Edible Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 8 Tablespoons butter
- 1 c. flour
- ½ c. light brown sugar, packed
- 2 T. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 T. whole milk
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
Instructions How to Make It :
- Melt the butter in a skillet and swirl the pan around to keep the butter moving. Once it boils, let it turn light brown and then immediately remove from heat. Cool the butter or it will melt your chocolate chips.
- To make the flour edible, place in the microwave for 30 seconds in a bowl. Stir and check temp. Reheat for 30 seconds until it reaches 160 degrees-use a thermometer to check. Mine took a total of 60 seconds.
- Stir the two sugars into the flour to combine.
- Pour in the cooled butter.
- Add the chips and dig in!
- Keep stored in fridge covered well.
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES HERE >>