Calling all the chocolate-lovers out there! These cookies are just what you’ve been waiting for:)
A crumbly and buttery chocolate shell stuffed with warm and soft chocolate-hazelnut spread…. Double the chocolate for an unforgettable cookie experience.
If you are wondering, YES! These double chocolate cookies are as good as they look. Or wait …maybe even better 😉
No picture or word can describe the sweet chocolate aroma drifting out of the oven when baking these cookies. Or the sensation of the warm first bite when the soft, most dangerous chocolate oozes out from the middle. These cookies are THAT good!
These cookies are also quite easy to make. All it takes is mixing up the usual butter/sugar/egg/flour dough, flavored with cocoa powder. Let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or longer so it will be easier to roll out and work with it.
Cut the dough in half, and roll each half in a thin layer. Mark the bottom dough with a ravioli (or cookie) cutter, or the top of a glass if you don’t have neither, to space out the cookies.
Add a spoonful of chocolate/hazelnut spread (Nutella or other brand) in the middle of each cookie. Top with the second half of the dough, press gently around the filling with your fingers, and cut the cookies with the stamp. Bake and enjoy! Pretty easy, right?!?
TRY THESE MORE CHOCOLATE RECIPES >>
- 2 1/4 cups (300 gr) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (100 gr) sugar
- 1/4 cup (20 gr) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 oz (115 gr) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- about 1 cup (200 gr) of chocolate hazelnut spread
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a large bowl add the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk together to combine.
- Add the butter cut in small cubes and mix in (with a mixer, pastry cutter or tip of a knife), until you get a crumbly texture.
- Add the two eggs and quickly combine (with your finger, spoon or mixer) until the dough is smooth and comes into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Cut the dough in half or work in smaller batches. roll out the dough adding flour if needed.
- mark the dough with the top of the cup or ravioli cutter to space out the cookies.
- Add a spoon full of nutella or other chocolate/hazelnut spread in the middle of each circle.
- Cover with the other half of the tolled out dough and press with your fingers around the edges gently stretching it out.
- Cut the cookies and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Don’t forget to re-roll the cut out and make more cookies!
- Brush with a little milk (if the top is covered with too much flour). And bake for about 18-20 min.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder if you’d like
- ENJOY !!