- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Combine cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt in a
medium bowl. Set aside.
- Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl and
beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and
mix on medium-low speed just until combined – about 10 seconds each.
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix on low
speed until incorporated.
- Cover the bowl and chill the dough for at least 1 hour or up
to overnight (the longer you chill, the thicker the cookies will be).
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the
powdered sugar in a medium bowl. Roll the dough into tablespoon-sized balls and
cover them well with the sugar.
- Place on a lined baking sheet with enough space between them
(bake in batches) and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until spread and crackled.
Cookies will still be soft, so let them cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes
before removing them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- To make larger cookies, use 2 tablespoons of dough per
cookie. They will bake in 12-15 minutes.
- To make smaller cookies, use 1 generous tablespoon of dough
per cookie. They will bake in around 10 minutes.
- The exact baking times will depend on your oven and how hot
it runs, so remember to check on your cookies frequently. Don’t overbake or
they will be hard – they’ll be soft like pudding when you take them out of the
oven, but they’ll firm up as they cool!
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES >>
Source : Recipes