The ingredients of this no yeast bread are similar to a muffin but I altered the recipe to make it less crumbly, making it suitable to slice and even to toast. It is light, fluffy and super moist.
I like to add the herbs and slices of cheese in after pouring the batter into the bread tin so that you get “swirls” of herb and pockets of cheese in the bread, rather than almost invisible bits of herb and grated cheese all throughout which you can’t really see. But this step is optional. The easier and faster way to make this is to mix grated cheese and herb into the batter, then just pour it all into the tin.
CHEESY QUICK BREAD RECIPE
Serves : 8
- 2 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoon melted butter/oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat panggangan at 180 C and grease a loaf pan or 8 in cake pan.
- In a mixing owl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together egg with butter, mix in milk.
- Now combine wet ingredients with flour mixture, stir until well combined. Add in grated cheese.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let sit in the pan for 15 minutes, loosen the edges and transfer onto rack to cool.