Cheddar Bacon Risotto – I’m totally in love with this! Yummy. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you being a part of our party, and I hope to see you on tonight at 7 pm. We love partying with you! Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls.
This looks delicious! What a great side or meal just by itself! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Project Parade:) Hope to see you there again this week!
- 1/4 cup bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1-2 Tablespoon Bacon grease or oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard
Instructions How to Make It:
- Place onion in a large saucepan with onion and bacon grease, cook until nearly translucent.
- Stir in garlic, cook for 1 minute.
- Add arborio rice and cook while stirring for 1-2 additional minutes until rice begins to get a light golden color.
- Pour in wine, and a 1/2 cup of broth, stir until all liquid is absorbed.
- Repeat the process-add remaining broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring regularly (and often) until no liquid remains.
- Stir in bacon pieces, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and ground mustard.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with fresh shredded cheese and bacon pieces, serve immediately.