Cake mix cookies with a monster cookie twist. A yellow cake mix, peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and m&m’s create a thick, soft-baked, and chewy cake mix monster cookie that’s so easy to make.
CAKE MIX COOKIE RECIPE
Monster cookies are my family’s favorite cookies! I have lots of varieties of monster cookies on the blog already and I figured it was about time to add one more version.
Because let’s be real, you can never have too many monster cookie recipes. At least in my world 🙂
Monster cookies are a combination of peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and m&m’s. It’s really loaded with everything that’s good in life.
With these cake mix monster cookies there is no need to measure out all the dry ingredients.
Just get yourself a box of store-bought yellow cake mix, add a few other ingredients and mix it all up in one bowl.
I love the flavor that the cake mix brings to the cookies. It’s almost like a buttery cake batter flavor. Monster cookies + cake batter is pretty much perfection.
Just ask my kids. They LOVE cake batter anything!
HOW TO MAKE CAKE MIX MONSTER COOKIES
- In a mixing bowl, add the contents from a box of yellow cake mix (DO NOT prepare the cake according to the directions), butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, oats, chocolate chips, and m&m’s.
- Scoop out the dough and place on a cookie sheet
- Be sure and put some extra m&m’s on top of the cookies after they come out of the oven. It makes the cookies look pretty!
MY TIPS FOR THIS RECIPE
- These cookies do not spread much at all while baking. When you take them out of the oven they will look like cookie balls. But as you press the m&m’s on top of the cookie they will flatten and look more “cookie shaped”.
- Don’t let the cookie overbake! It’s hard to tell when they are done because they won’t get golden brown or anything like that. Mine are always perfect when I take them out at 12 minutes. As they cool on the cookie sheet I promise they will come together nicely. If you overcook them, they will be dry and chewy (but not in a good way).
- I love using the pre-cut sheets of parchment paper on my cookie sheet. You can also just spray it with cooking spray as well.
- To get a more uniform shape use a cookie scoop to scoop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheet. This will get you those perfectly round looking cookies.
Cake mix monster cookies
Cake mix monster cookies are an easy and fun twist to the classic monster cookie. A yellow cake mix, peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips, and m&m's create a thick, soft-baked, and chewy cake mix monster cookies that are so easy to make.
- 1 box (15.25 oz) yellow cake mix (DO NOT prepare)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini m&m's (plus extra for top of cookies)
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray.
In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar, butter, peanut butter, water, and egg. Beat with a handheld blender on medium speed until well combined.
Add oats, chocolate chips, and mini m&m's. Stir with a wooden spoon.
Use a cookie scoop to scoop out dough. They should be about the size of a golf ball. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will not spread much at all.
Press a few additional m&m's onto the tops of the cookies when they come out of the oven. As you press them on, the cookie will flatten slightly and look more like a traditional cookie shape. Let cool on cookie sheet for 15 minutes so they can come together and set up.
- 180 kcal Calories
I used a box of Pillsbury supermoist yellow cake mix.I have only ever used the quick oats in this recipe. They have a finer texture so if you use old-fashioned oats the oat flakes will be larger and give more texture and chew to the cookie.I would recommend not using the all-natural peanut butter in this recipe. It tends to dry out baked goods. But again, you can use it I just can't promise the outcome will be good.
Save this recipe for later and PIN IT to PINTEREST
People Also Search :
- Cake Mix Monster Cookies
- cake batter monster cookies
- monster cookies from cake mix