This recipe was a bit of an experiment. I started with my standard classic never fail cheesecake base which I use in every cheesecake recipe like this apple compote cheesecake, but I did a few things differently in order to crown it with the title of Cookie Butter Cheesecake. First off, instead of your traditional graham cracker + sugar + butter crust, I made the crust out of speculoos cookies and butter. I could have happily stopped right there and shoved my entire face in that bowl only to regret it when my jeans no longer fit the next week, but I held back.
Then I made my traditional base but I folded some of the cookie butter into the mixture. It has the consistency of peanut butter so it mixed well. Then, I warmed some more up so it was pourable, spreadable, and swirlable and made that gorgeous design on top. Lovely, don’t you think?
BUTTER CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Yield : 1 – 8 in cake
Source : Chef Norzailina Nordin
- 210 g plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 250 g castor sugar
- 5 egg yolk
- 5 egg white
- 170 g butter
- 125 g cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/8 tsp salt
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat panggangan @ 170 C and grease 8 in cake pan or loaf pan.
- Sift together plain flour and baking powder.
- Beat butter and cream cheese until creamy. Add in sugar, beat again until fluffy.
- Add egg yolk one by one to the butter mixture, Beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla essence.
- Add in flour in batches into butter mixture.
- In another bowl, beat egg white until light, mix in salt and beat again until stiff.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white to the cake batter, stir gently. Add the rest of the egg white,
- Spoon batter onto prepared pan, bake for 60-70 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 20 minutes, transfer onto rack to cool.