I love Risotto, I know I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. It may take a little while to make but it’s totally worth it.
When I first started making risotto I would literally stand in the kitchen and watch it the entire time it was cooking because I was convinced that I was going to screw it up. But once you get the hang of making it you don’t really have to watch it like a hawk haha.
It’s delicious and creamy and you can pretty much make any flavor that you want! I normally stick with savory risottos but I’ve been known to make a sweet dessert risotto a time to two!
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika *optional for sprinkling on top
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 3 cups chicken broth
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT:
- For the Broccoli: Cook the broccoli either in the microwave or on the stove top. For the microwave, place the broccoli into a medium sized bowl and toss with about 3 or 4 tablespoons of water. Place into the microwave and cook for about 4 minutes until tender. Drain water and set aside. If you’ve rather cook it on the stove top, bring a pot of water to a boil, add broccoli and cook for 3-4 4 minutes until broccoli is tender.
- Drain and chop the broccoli (I chopped mine super fine and mainly only used the “tree tops” for this, but you can use the whole thing if you want). Set aside.
- Pour the chicken broth into a small sauce pan and place it onto the stove top over low heat just to warm it up a bit.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the arborio rice and stir. Let it toast in the melted up for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After about 3 minutes, stir in 1 cup of the chicken broth. Let simmer until almost all of the liquid is gone.
- Add the second cup of chicken broth and stir. Again, let the rice simmer until the liquid is gone.
- Add the 3rd cup of chicken broth and stir. Right before all of the liquid is gone, add in the broccoli and stir. Remove from the heat and add in the cheese. Stir the rice and cheese until all of the cheese is melted.
- Serve hot.