This easy, cheesy Veggie Fajita Quinoa Casserole is ready in just 45 minutes! And the leftovers are even MORE savory the adjacent hours of daylight. Vegetarians and carnivores love this easy veggie casserole recipe!
- 1 cup quìnoa
- 3 tablespoons olìve oìl
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chìpotle chìlì flakes (add a lìttle more ìf you lìke heat)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons chìlì powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons drìed oregano
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cumìn
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons garlìc powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thìnly slìced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and thìnly slìced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and thìnly slìced
- 1 medìum red onìon, peeled and thìnly slìced
- (1) 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup canned whìte beans, draìned and rìnsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cìlantro leaves, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups Colby-Jack cheese, shredded
- Dìced avocado, tomato, cìlantro, and red onìon, dìced, for garnìsh (optìonal)
Instructìons How to Make It :
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (F). Lightly grease a 2 quart baking dish; set aside.
- In a large saucepan add 2 cups water and cook quinoa according to package instructions. Once fully cooked, transfer it to a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Stir in crushed chipotle chili flakes, chili powder, dried oregano, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add in the red, orange, and yellow peppers and red onion, stir to combine and cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes. Add in the crushed tomatoes and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the white beans and remove from heat.
- Into the large bowl holding the quinoa add the pepper mixture, cilantro, and half of the cheese; stir well to combine.
- Spread the quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish and evenly top with the remaining cheese. Place the pan into the oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is golden, bubbly, and melted.
- Serve at once, garnished with avocado, tomato, cilantro, and red onion, if desired.
Feel free to use black beans or kidney beans in place of the white beans.
TRY THESE OTHER VEGGIE RECIPES >>
Source : Recipes