- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Red Star Platinum Superior Baking Yeast (instant
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Instructions How to Make It :
- Warm the milk in a bowl in the microwave for just about 1
minute until it is warm. Pour it into a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and salt, then stir the mixture.
Allow it to sit until it is warm, but not too hot (if you have a thermometer,
it should measure about 105-110 degrees in order activate the yeast). Add 1
package of instant yeast right to this milk.
- Add the softened (almost melted) butter, pumpkin, pumpkin
pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla. Stir this well until it is all blended
- Gradually add in the flour,1 cup at a time. Add in the last
1/2 a cup and start to knead the dough with your hands until the last 1/2 cup
of flour is incorporated in. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and
continue to knead the bread for about 7 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
Add a bit more flour as you need to during kneading. The dough should still
feel sticky, but it will not stick to your hands.**
- Place this dough in a greased bowl and cover it. Allow the
dough to rise in a warm place until it has doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Split the dough into 15 balls. You may have more or
less depending on the size you make the rolls.
- Place in a greased 9×13 pan. Cover and rise in a warm place
for 15-20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
TRY THESE OTHER PUMPKIN RECIPES >>
Source : Recipes