- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 sweet peppers, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 ounces (about 6 sheets) uncooked lasagna
- 1 can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, coarsely
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 5 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
Instructions How to Make It :
- Using the SAUTE feature on NORMAL, heat the olive oil.
- Add the Italian sausage, breaking apart with the back of the
spoon. Cook, stirring regularly until it loses its pink and begins to render
- Add onions, sweet peppers, and garlic and cook until
- Drain the meat of any excess grease.
- Break the lasagna into small pieces and place them in the
pot on top of the meat.
- Add chopped tomatoes (including packing juice), tomato
paste, and chicken broth. Gently push down the noodles to submerge in the
- Add Italian seasoning, sugar, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Close the lid of the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is
on SEALING position. Press PRESSURE COOK and cook on HIGH pressure for 4
minutes. When the 4 minutes is up, allow natural release for 5 minutes, and
then do QUICK release.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if needed.
- Stir the soup to distribute and ladle in serving bowls. Top with Parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, and mozzarella cheese, if desired.
TRY THESE OTHER RECIPES >>
Source : Recipes