I’ve been asked for my Grilled Chicken marinade recipe time and time again and have kept it very close to the vest. This is my grilling GO TO recipe every time and always will be. I wait all winter for summer to come just so I can fire up the barbeque and slap this chicken on the grill!
When I get really desperate, come January, I make it inside on my grill, but boy does it smoke up my house. Plus it’s just not the same as being outside on a warm summers night, with a drink in hand, filling the skies with the intoxicating smell of honey chicken on the bbq.
I’m making a public apology to all my neighbors that are down wind. Between my bbq and my husbands obsession with LARGE fires in the fire pit … well, maybe I should just invite them over and once they bite into this chicken they will understand perfectly why we are on such good terms with the Fire Dept.
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl except the olive oil
- Drizzle in oil very slowly while whisking quickly
- Put the chicken in a large Ziploc bag and pour between 1/2 ~ 3/4 of the marinade over it.
- Put the chicken in the fridge and marinate at least 2 hours
- Grill chicken over med/high heat and cook until juices run clear