Baked Eggless Churros – If they get cold just put them on a plate & microwave them for a few seconds, they will taste like they just came out of the oven again. However if they have been sitting out for several hours they will get soft so you might need to put them back in the oven on broil for a minutes to crisp them up again.
I used Wilton disposable decorating bags which I love because I can throw them away when I’m done with them, it makes cleaning up a lot easier. You can also probably use a ziploc bag if you snip the corner & use a star tip. To make these I used a Ateco 826 open star tip (which has a 1/2″ opening).
BAKED EGGLESS CHURROS RECIPE
Yield ; 26 churros
- 1,5 cup plain flour
- 1,5 cup water
- 80 g butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
INSTRUCTIONS HOW TO MAKE IT :
- Grease two baking sheets. Prepare chocolate sauce.
- Place butter, salt sugar, and water in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, mix in flour, stir with wooden spoon until well incorporated. Add in vanilla.
- Pinch small amount of dough into a mould and pipe onto greased baking sheet.
- Preheat panggangan at 200 C, bake for 25 minutes. Switch off the oven, let the churros in the panggangan for 10 minutes to brown further.
Yield : 1 cup
- 3 tablespoon evaporated milk/cream
- 3 tablespoon condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder sifted
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, stir until thicken using low heat.
- Remove and cool.